Property and evidence are stored in a secure access area of the Emory Police Department. Criminal Investigations is responsible for the safe and secure storage of thousands of articles of property which are submitted as evidence for criminal cases or for safe keeping by officers of the Emory University Police Department. Property submitted is classified into two categories: Evidence or Found Property.
Emory Police makes every effort to investigate and return all found items to their rightful owners. If you have lost an item (or found one) please call 404-727-8005 to report it.
Inquiries concerning Lost/Found Property will be handled in person: Emory Police, 1784 N. Decatur Rd. G-01, N. Decatur Building. Or by telephone: 404-727-8005, or by Email.
Items not accepted as Lost/Found at EPD
• Clothing items
• Perishable items / Food
• Flammable Items (lighters, etc)
• Small recreational items (soccer balls, frisbees, baseballs, etc)
• Personal grooming items (combs, brushes, bows, ribbons, scrunchies, etc)
• Intentionally abandoned property (electronic equipment that obviously does not work, damaged furniture, items placed by trash containers for disposal, etc)
• Office supplies (individual notebooks, pens, etc)