Capital Projects Support
Engineering Services is an Integral part of every new building project. Our services include the following.
- Participate in the initial planning on new building projects.
- Determine location of utilities sources to each new building.
- Plan routing of utility sources to the New Building.
- Participate in Sustainability discussions on every building project. Participate in LEED meetings and help determine achievable and desired LEED Points.
- Provide detailed reviews of drawings and specifications on every new building project at various structured phases throughout the project as listed below.
- Conception and Narrative Phase.
- Schematics Design which is when Building General Layouts are defined.
- Design Development. At this point major mechanical and electrical systems and utility distribution within the building have been defined.
- Construction Documents at 50 percent stage and again near completion of the design.
- Participate in formal OAC Meetings (Owner, Architect and Contractor). These meetings occur regularly and Engineering Services participates as needed as the project is being constructed.
- Participate in regular inspections during construction.
- Ensure punch list is completed after construction is completed.