Security Systems/Lock Services
The Security Systems staff provides services designed to secure property and assets. The level and detail of security is based on the area‘s need and type of usage. Security Systems staff is responsible for mechanical key control and electronic access control in buildings.
Security Systems works in conjunction with Emory’s Police and Fire Safety Departments to provide customers with an access control system and closed circuit television (CCTV) that interfaces and allows the Emory Police Department (EPD) to monitor and review an electronic recording in the event of an incident. The Security Systems Shop oversees fire door assembly inspection for compliance with NFPA-80.
Non-Billable Services Include:
- Lock repairs
- New keys for new construction or renovations
- Duplicate keys for existing locks for basic education and general budget funded spaces
- Security surveys
- Estimates for billable services
- Assignment of access levels, activations, and deactivations of prox cards.
Billable Services Include:
- Re-keying and replacement of keys and access cards when lock cores must be replaced for security reasons
- Replacement of locks to filing cabinets, desks and other furniture
- Safe combination changes or safe repairs
- Key duplication for master keys, file cabinets and office machines
- Mechanical or electrical access systems
- Grand master key duplications, which require approval in writing by the Associate Vice President for Facilities Management.
- Installation and maintenance of closed circuit television security systems
Purchase of Security Related Products
The Security Systems staff are able to assist with the purchase of security-related products at favorable market rates. Products available include:
- Fireproof fire cabinets
- Key cabinets
- Key rings and accessories
- Locker locks
- Burglar Alarms
Please contact the Work Management Center (WMC) for any security systems needs.